LEAKING GAS CYLINDER KILLS 2 KIDS LOCKED INSIDE MUM’S SHOP IN OGUN

A pall of grief descended on Wasiu Ojulari Street in Orile-Iloye area of Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State, after two siblings were found dead inside a shop.

Advertisements

It was said that the children died in their sleep after a leaked cylinder released gas into the shop.

The incident, according to sources happened on Thursday May 2, when the unidentified minors; a boy aged 15 his sister, aged 8, were found lifeless inside the shop belonging to their mother.

Sources said the mother of the minors who rented the shop about three months was fond of locking her children up inside the shop when going out.

‘’On Wednesday May 1, the woman we gathered left for a vigil at an undisclosed church and locked up her children inside the shop, where she sells food,’’ said a source who asked not to be named.

‘’Unfortunately, a gas cylinder she kept inside the shop leaked and killed the children before she returned in the wee hours of Thursday, ‘’the source added.

A resident of the area , identified simply as Akanni told our correspondent that the bereaved woman was fond of  locking the children inside her shop where she sells food.

‘’Unfortunately, the gas cylinder she kept in the shop started leaking while the children were asleep and they apparently died from inhaling the gas fume. It was when she returned in the morning that she found them dead after she forcibly entered the shop when she knocked on the door of the shop and got no response from her children    .

‘’ The fathers of the deceased children later evacuated their bodies for burial after the incident was reported to the police.’’

Contacted, the spokesman of Ogun State Police Command, Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), said the incident was reported to Sango Division,